THE 2022 GRAVEYARD 5K IS BACK!
Saturday, OCTOBER 29TH AT THE ELMWOOD CEMETERy!
Your favorite not-so-spooky run is BACK! Join us in celebrating the 150th anniversary of the Elmwood Cemetery at the Graveyard 5k!
The 5th Annual Graveyard 5K on Saturday, October 29th this year. Let’s help raise some money for the maintenance of the cemetery! This race takes place entirely within Elmwood Cemetery, where many influential Kansas Citians call their final resting place.
Stick around after the run for fun activities!
- Tastings from
- Cinder Block Brewery
- Double Shift Brewing Company
- Crane Brewing
- Cemetery Tours for $5 a person
- Elmwood Cemetery Books – $30
- Post-race Music
- Post-race Energy from Beyond Energy
- Chat with T-Mobile, Renewal by Andersen and more!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTION
The location is TBD but it will be on Friday, October 28th from 4:00pm-6:30pm.
No worries, you can pick everything up the day of the race at the cemetery! Just make sure you get there before race time.
- July 15th – July 31st: $35 ($25 for 12 and under)
- August 1st – September 30th: $40 ($30 for 12 and under)
- October 1st – October 29th: $45 ($35 for 12 and under)
- $18 for an extra race shirt
- The race starts at 9:00am sharp!
FUN FACTS ABOUT THE ELMWOOD CEMETERY
- Keep an eye out for the headstone of Americus McKim, the owner of KC’s first professional baseball team, The Kansas City Unions. Without him, we wouldn’t be able to cheer on the Royals today!
- Simeon Brooks Armour, the founding member of Armour and Company Meat Packing, is buried in the Armour Family plot in Elmwood. Armour Boulevard is named after Simeon and his family.
- The Elmwood Cemetery is the second oldest cemetery in Kansas City.
- It’s also the final resting place of 766 soldiers who fought in the Civil War on both sides.
Academy Sports + Outdoors has all of your sporting good needs. Be sure to stop by one of their 4 Kansas City Metro locations for all of your running needs!
BioSteel – Clean. Healthy. Hydration. #ItsJustTheTruth
Want to learn more about becoming a Big? Make sure you stop by and talk with Big Brothers Big Sisters Kansas City for more info!